We are a fast growing bay-area startup looking for people who want to make a difference by changing how diseases are researched and diagnosed. Our core technology, Magnetic Particle Imaging, is a new medical imaging technique that offers an ultra-sensitive way to see into the body with better contrast and quantitation. This will enable applications in early cancer detection, cell tracking from immune to stem cells targeting cancers, sites of inflammation or disease repair and dynamic vascular function.
Note to recruiters: Magnetic Insight does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, recruitment agencies or search firms, and does not pay fees without a current contract on file.
See our active option positions below
About you: You are a seasoned financial executive with strong business acumen, who thinks strategically, drive for results and build organizational capabilities in a manufacturing environment. You excel in the coordination of company financial planning, budget and cash management and in ensuring that company accounting procedures, transactions and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. You have track records of results in implementing systems policies and processes that enable the company growth with strong business controls.
You act as a trusted business partner with the executive leadership team, bankers, investors and board members. You are recognized for your ability to hire, develop and retain” A” players in the accounting and finance team.
- Oversee general and cost accounting operations in a manufacturing environment and ensure that the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP, including review of monthly journal entries, accruals and account reconciliations.
- Oversee all manufacturing cost accounting, including raw materials and WIP inventories.
- Oversee banking operations, payroll, stock administration, tax reporting and insurance.
- Lead Financial Planning & Analysis activities: 5-year strategic financial planning, annual budget setting, actual versus budget analysis and reporting, forecasts and outlook, scenario planning, financial reporting for board of directors.
- Drive accountability, monitor performance, and develop financial improvement initiatives
- Lead standardization of scalable best practices and application of internal controls across all Purchasing, Inventory and Manufacturing.
- Own the General Ledger System (NetSuite), and maximize utilization.
- Support the CEO in financing activities.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide business support for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Manage Grant Accounting and Reporting, plus support Primary Investigator.
- 10-15 years of financial leadership experience; biotechnology-type industry experience strongly preferred.
- Manufacturing experience with detailed understanding of Inventory tracking.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management, and other functions within the organization.
- Strong team leadership, management, and organizational skills.
Attention to detail with ability to move easily between hands-on work and strategic thinking.
- Ability to use critical thinking and strong business acumen to make sound business decisions.
- Proven experience on building team and working in a collaborative manner.
BA, BS, or MS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience
CPA active license is a plus.
(Start Date January 2020)
Reports to senior management and oversees of all areas of the manufacturing department to produce products and direct activities so that products are manufactured on schedule to meet quality standards and cost objectives.
- Individual Contributor Roles
- Manufacturing line ownership, requiring a good understanding of what we are building and how to keep assemblers productive
- Superuser for MFG ERP (netsuite)
- Safety Officer
- OSHA training program implementation
- Hazmat program (MSDSs, postings, etc.)
- Management Roles
- Personnel management of a team that includes assemblers, purchasing, shipping/receiving, manufacturing engineering
- Maintain a scheduling plan / slot plan
- Manage purchasing / ensure good manufacturing resource planning
- Maintain MFG floor process flow / organization
- Implement a quality system with a manufacturing engineer
- Manages the creation of a new, expanded manufacturing facility within our growing company.
- Assists in the specification, selection and integration of new software-based manufacturing management programs.
- Assists company officers in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Maintains a manufacturing plan that produces high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to company quality expectations.
- Manages supply chain relationships with both domestic and offshore suppliers.
- Coordinates production planning to support the requirements of the sales department.
- Interfaces with engineering department to ensure flawless new product launches, that are on-time and on-budget.
- Creates manufacturing policies and programs that guide the department in maintaining and improving the company’s profitability.
- Specifies staffing requirements, working with the human resources department as appropriate.
- Oversees, develops and evaluates staff performance. Takes corrective action as necessary in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity, reduce costs and scrap, while maintaining quality standards.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., installation of capital equipment, facility upgrades, etc.).
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Performance management
- Project management and scheduling
- Communication proficiency
- Technical expertise, including use of computers and specialized manufacturing software
- Business acumen
- Problem solving and analysis
- Presentation skills
- Vendor negotiating skills, including interactions with foreign suppliers
- Use of management software, including ERP, PLM and MRP
- Compliance with safety and regulatory standards, such as Cal/OSHA, UL, FCC, CE, RoHS
This position may require some travel, not expected to exceed 25%. Some of the travel may be international.
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline, or equivalent job experience.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a related scientific product line.
- Prior experience in the creation of a manufacturing department from the ground up.
- Use of ERP, PLM, MRP and other computerized management and accounting systems.
We are looking for a service engineer to join the tight-knit core team located in the San Francisco bay area. The successful applicant would be self-motivated and have a strong background servicing imaging instrumentation. The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for remote and onsite service including maintenance and repair of imaging systems, installation and customer support.
Above all, resourcefulness and tenacity are imperative for this position. The cutting-edge nature of this technology means that as more systems are deployed, new and exciting challenges arise for our FSEs to conquer. The FSE is responsible for finding optimal solutions to novel problems by working with teams of dedicated hardware and software engineers.
This position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer
- Strong organization, communication, and documentation skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally 50% of the time
- Site preparation and scheduling for installation
- Traveling to customer sites for installation and repairs
- Being first point of contact with a service issue
- Maintaining relationships with customers after installation
- Customer technical support, debugging, and training
- Coordinating with software and hardware engineering teams to solve support issues
Ideal Skill Set:
- Engineering Degree (Electrical, mechanical, biomedical, etc.)
- Demonstrable mechanical aptitude
- Familiarity with Python and basic software programming
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- 5-years experience as a service engineer at an instrumentation company preferred (e.g. MRI, semiconductor, imaging, medical equipment)
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for an R&D engineering technician to join the tight-knit core team located in the San Francisco bay area. The successful applicant would support engineering activities for projects in the R&D phases of development, including feasibility, design and development, prototyping, verification and manufacturing release. This role is expected to perform high quality advanced prototype assembly, rework, HW/SW testing and troubleshooting. The applicant supports transitioning prototypes to manufacturing by developing documentation and implementing engineering changes.
- Assembles and debugs all aspects of an assembly, prototype or test fixture.
- Generates documentation (i.e. drawings, specifications, procedures) required to support new product development projects.
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Analyzes experimental data using Excel to create charts and graphs. Must be able to create electronic reports with embedded graphics, graphs, and charts.
- Able to work from drawings and schematics.
- Uses machine shop equipment to modify parts. High level of understanding of fabrication tools and techniques.
- Operates prototypes and test fixtures and conducts tests after engineering has set up and verified the test protocols.
- Maintains lab space, assembly areas and other project work spaces.
- Diplomatically shares expertise and constructive ideas to benefit the team and the Company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ideal Skill Set:
- High School Diploma or equivalency or Bachelor’s degree and the equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Typically requires 4 – 6 years of experience in an engineering, R&D or manufacturing environment with a progressive experience and capability with electro-mechanical device or projects that require troubleshooting, debugging, documentation and testing protocols.
- Software Knowledge: Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), eDrawings
- Familiar with tool or machining equipment.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Electromechanical: 2 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 4 years (Required)
- Engineering: 4 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time